On Female Identity: Over the past two years I have been researching the female struggle with body image. I am fascinated with our ideas about worth and value, and the connection we make between these and our physique. These paintings have been a safe ground in which to explore the complexity and beauty of this struggle.
Raw Immediate Personal
Born San Salvador, El Salvador
- Master of Fine Arts in Drawing and Painting, in progress, Cal State University Long Beach
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Drawing and Painting, Cal State University Fullerton May 2008
- Art for Healing Certificate, Chapman University, Orange, California, August 2007
- Anderson Ranch Art Center, Residency, Snowmass, Colorado, Summer 2006
- Associate of Arts Degree, Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, California, May 2005
- Intensive Study Abroad, in Painting, Summer 1999, Centro Nacional De Arte, San Salvador, El Salvado
Awards and Honors:
2008 William Randolph Hearst Fellowship, Anderson Ranch Art Center, Snowmass, Colorado
2007 Emerging Artist Grant, Santa Ana Business Council, Santa Ana, California
2006 William Randolph Hearst Fellowship, Anderson Ranch Art Center, Snowmass, Colorado
2006 Associated Students Scholarship, California State University Fullerton
2006 Florence Arnold Scholarship for BFA Art Students, California State University Fullerton
2005 Art Alliance Scholarship, California State University Fullerton
Cyr, Gabe. New Directions in Altered Books. Asheville, NC: Lark Books 2006.
Orange Coast Review, Journal of Literature and Art, Orange Coast College 2006.
2007 In, Above, and Around Park Santiago, CSUF Grand Central Art Center, Santa Ana, CA
2006 Claudia Morales-McCain, The Back Room Gallery, Santa Ana, CA
2005 Aquanet, Orange Coast College Gallery, Costa Mesa, CA
2005 Between the Sheets, El Camino College, Gardena, CA
2005 “Limited Edition: The Art of the Print”, Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
2005 Journey through the Salvadoran Experience, The Bridge Gallery, Los Angeles, CA